Saturday, December 8, 2012

さごいのブログポストo(╥﹏╥)o

For my final blog post, I wanted to reflect on my year as a whole. When I first started this class, I wanted to excel in Japanese and make the most of my learning experience. I wanted my whole semester to reflect my determination to do my very best, and I did pretty well in the beginning. But towards the middle of the semester, I started to feel the stress of having to study for my exams and balance workstudy and my resposibilities at home. It affected a lot of my schoolwork, including my blog, and it was exactly the opposite of what I wanted.. T_T

I wasn't consistent with my blog for reasons like not having internet, or getting home really late from school with only just enough time to go straight to bed. And for a while, I had a lot of personal issues that really took me out of my focus.. But I know that personal problems are always going to be there - part of growing up is knowing how to overcome those issuses and still be responsible enough to get your work done. I caught up with most of my work and most of my blog posts, but I had wanted things to be different this semester. But I do know that throughout this semester, especially in my 日本語のクラス、I learned so much. Sometimes after class, Jo and Emilio and I would talk about the grammar and the 漢字 we had learned, and it really started to hit me that I was able to form much better sentences, even tell stories about my day. I appreciated the way you taught, かく先生, because you made it interactive and had a lot of visual aids which made things a lot easier. I enjoyed learning about Japanese culture from the perspective of a native Japanese person, because it's a lot different learning from an American who lived there for a while. (Although, don't get me wrong: I loved having Prof. Calichman too ヽ(;▽;)ノ).

I'm glad I had the opportunity to taking Japanese 3 with you, かく先生, and thank you for challenging us the way you did. I'm excited to continue my learning next semester with Conversational Japanese, and I will make sure to keep practicing so that one day, I can travel to Japan and really experience the country, the food, and the people myself. <3


じゃね、
ビッキー <3

No comments:

Post a Comment